Article Last Updated: March 1, 2024
When searching for the best ankle brace for cheerleading, you might encounter difficulty finding the ideal brace for you.
The numerous ankle brace brands available in the market make it hard to settle for a brand that will diligently serve you.
This review for the good ankle braces for cheerleading will provide detailed information on some of the leading ankle braces.
So, which are the best ankle braces for cheerleading?
Below is an overview.
The 5 best ankle braces for cheerleading
Whether you are a suffering an injured ankle or simply looking to protect your ankle, these ankle braces will certainly get the job done.
In addition, these braces are best suited for professionals and beginners alike. That said, here is a detailed review of the leading ankle supports for cheerleading.
- Offers a versatile design which allows the ankle bracelet for cheerleading to be worn on any foot
- Offers mild compression thus making it comfortable for use
- Lightweight to enhance comfort during movement
- The material used wears off quickly thus making this brace unreliable
- The dual metal splints may hurt your ankle
The bracoo ankle brace comes with dual metal splints which provide firm stability for acute injuries like muscle strain, ligament sprain or weak ankle joints.
Moreover, the open heel design enables a wide range of motion while at the same time bracing the plantar flexion, Achilles tendon and talocrural joint.
Additionally, the open heel design will prevent injury during activities.
The high-grip Velcro straps crisscross to attach anywhere thus providing customized tightness.
The breathable material which is latex free will also enhance air circulation to ensure that your foot remains dry, cool and stink free.
Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Ankle Support
- Eco friendly material that eliminates odor and allows foot to breathe
- Adjustable straps that allow the cheerleader to determine the amount of pressure they want on their ankles
- Perfect for use by cheerleaders suffering ankle injury or weak ankles
- The sizing in this ankle brace is not uniform
- The gel pads are a bit too wide thus making this brace only suitable for wide feet
With a gel pad for improved support, the senteq ankle brace for cheerleading provides a massage effect every time you move in order to reduce any chance of swelling or injury.
Additionally, the compression support holds the ankle securely in place thus lowering your risk of injuring your ankle.
The extra straps also allow you to adjust them thus enabling you to enjoy personalized pressure levels.
The material used on this ankle brace is hand crafted and eco-friendly. This will ensure that you use the brace for a long time under various conditions.
Overview of SENTEQ Ankle Brace
- Completely eliminates any form of pain emanating from the ankle
- Light weight to enhance comfort during activities
- Has a versatile design which allows this good ankle brace for cheerleading to be worn on either the left or right foot
- Difficult to use and the instructions are also hard to understand
- Not available in a variety of sizes thus cannot be used by everyone
The trilok ankle brace is designed not only to provide ankle support for cheerleading but also to enhance healing on any type of ankle injury.
The footlock strap provides reliable arch support coupled with a stirrup strap for structural support and stability.
In addition, this ankle brace is made from high quality material that ensures durability and comfort.
- Versatile design that allows the brace to be worn on any foot
- Lightweight to enhance comfort and make it suitable for everyday use
- Offers a slim fitting neoprene blend that provides great support
- Too bulky thus requiring the user to acquire a bigger shoe
- This ankle brace doesn’t fit all foot sizes
The ankle brace by vive provides an array of options that make it one of the best ankle braces for cheerleading.
The cross-brace is adjustable thus allowing the cheerleader to determine the amount of pressure they want on their ankle.
In addition, the ankle support provides extra stability for the tendons and joints thus greatly reducing the risk of injury.
The ankle support can also be adjusted to reduce pain and pressure that is caused by factors such as: swelling, arthritis, sprains, muscle fatigue and tendonitis.
This good ankle brace for cheerleading also comprises of breathable material that facilitates air circulation in the brace to keep your feet dry, cool and odorless.
The versatile design also plays a key role in making this brace easy to use.
How to fit The Universal Ankle Support – Vive Health
- Lightweight and well streamlined to fit in any shoe.
- Breathable material that allows oxygen circulation to keep the foot dry and cool
- The compression offered by this brace makes it ideal for use on an injured ankle
- The compression offered by this brace might prove to be too tight for some users thus making it uncomfortable
- Doesn’t fit all foot sizes
Should cheerleaders wear ankle braces?
Wearing ankle braces is not for all cheerleaders. Ankle braces should be used only when an athlete has an injury and/or needs extra joint support.
What does it mean if you rolled your ankle?
This injury occurs when the ankle ligaments tear or over-stretches. Ligaments hold the ankle bones together and allow a restricted movement.
Moving the ankle beyond the restricted area may result in a sprain. Often times, a sprain occurs on your ankle exterior when your foot is rolled.
Are our ankle braces bad for you?
Ankle braces are not bad for you, but only when it is overused. Overusing an ankle brace will weaken your ankle strength and affect your balance.
An ankle brace takes over your primary ankle function of balance and support. The ankle eventually becomes weak and may result in injury.
Are ankle braces bad for knees?
Although several researches support using ankle braces to prevent sprains, only a few studies have discussed its aftermath effect on an athlete’s knee.
Ankle braces stabilize the joint, and during the process, reduce the ankle’s range of motion.
The best ankle brace for cheerleading is determined by the types of features it offers.
Furthermore, these ankle braces are suitable for everyday use despite the state of your ankle.
Now that you know the good braces for cheerleading, let nothing stop you from cheering your team on!